Without a license key, Monitor one runs in evaluation mode. There is no functional difference between running in evaluation mode and normal mode - it's the same software! Without a purchased license key, only the number of devices that can be monitored is limited to 8 and because of a time restriction, Monitor one shuts down at a random time during the night.
- Pentium-class processor >= 1 GHz
- Video adapter, supporting at least High Color (16bit) and 1024x768 pixels screen size.
- Sound card for audible alerting (Beeping and Speech)
- Microsoft Windows 2003/XP/Vista/2008 or Windows 7 (Workstation and server)
- The Minimum amount of RAM depends on the number of monitored nodes in the network: >= 1GB MB
- The Minimum amount of free hard disk space depends on the number of nodes in the monitored network and the number of running History Shooters for trending and long term analysis. > 10 GB
- A web browser supporting a resolution of at least 1024x768 pixels.
- Support for *.PNG images (Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Mozilla FireFox and Google Chrome all versions)
- Optional: A connection to the Internet (For accessing additional information, Monitor one bulletins and MIB resources)
- Optional: If you want to use the “alerting by Speech‿ option, you need an English Windows platform with Speech capability!
- We advise that Monitor one is run on a separate workstation (not the workstation you use as your day-to-day workstation).
- The Monitor one software and the Network Maps must be installed/Created locally - do not install them on a server drive. A connection to a server can be lost in case of a major network failure - and this is just the event where Monitor one is supposed to help.
- Use a fixed IP-address for the Monitor one workstation. (traps and syslog messages are usually sent to a fixed IP-address).
- For best monitoring results, connect - if possible - the Monitor one station to the backbone of your network.