Managing WEB interface users
You can grant access to the web interface in three ways:
- Based on Username/Password (the Workstation's IPaddress of the requesting user is ignored)
- Based on the Workstation's IPaddress of the requesting user (Username and Password are ignored)
- Based on Username/Password and Workstation's IPaddress of the requesting user)
To add a new web interface user follow these steps
- Right-click in the Username/Password/IPaddress box and choose Add a new Web user from the popup menu.
- Select one of the three authorization methods by clicking the appropriate radio-button.
- Enter - depending on the authorization method – the values for Username/Password/IPaddress, select a Role and click the Save button.
To remove an existing entry
- Select the entry to remove by right-clicking it and choose Remove this Web user
To Modify an existing entry
- Click the entry
- Make your changes
- Press Save
Web user roles
The current version supports three different user roles. Viewer, Operator and Designer. In this RC1 release (Release Candidate 1) only the first two mentioned are in effect. The "Designer" role is reserved for future use. In this RC1 release, the "Designer" role and the "Operator" role provide the same rights.
- Users with "Viewer" rights can browse through all maps and can view the status pages but cannot start Shooters.
- Users with "Operator" rights can do all things "Viewers" can and can also start Shooters.
- With the current version users with "Designer" rights can do all things "Operators" can.