Viewing received Traps
All accepted traps that have made it through the trap filters are shown on the "Trap control" window. To open this window:
- Select Options|Trap control from the main window.
- The Trap control window opens. See the snapshot below.
- The Trap control window is divided into two panes. The upper-section of the window shows the list of traps received since Monitor one was started.
- Trap translation
- By clicking one of the entries from the list, the translated and formatted content of the selected trap frame is shown in the Trap properties box.
- Trap statistics
- The Trap filter statistics box at the bottom of the window provides meta information about the number of traps that have been received, blocked and accepted by the filters since Monitor one was started.
- Adding a new filtering rule to the Trap filter
- You can add a new rule to the Trap filters by right-clicking a Trap entry and choosing Block this Trap type from now on. For Trap filter details select Options|Global configuration from the menu on the main window and select the Traps tab.
Monitor one extracts trap descriptions from MIB files. MIB files can be compiled with the Monitor one MIB compiler. It is obvious that Monitor one can only show trap descriptions from traps from which the appropriate MIB files have been compiled!