What is FCMS?
FCMS is a suite of 6 applications. The letters FCMS stand for: FineConnection Monitoring Software. The core applications are Quantellium the web-based monitoring daemon, and the 5 real-time GUI-based desktop applications FC_RTGraph, FC_RTPie, FC_RTTable, FC_RTMeter and FC_RTSet to support trouble-shooting and performance analysis. The configuration files for all core applications can be built with CCBuilder which also provides MIB browser and MIB compiler functionality.
Clear network topology diagrams – focusing on network visibility
Reliable and efficient network uptime- and performance monitoring, requires an accurate and detailed view of the network topology. Which device is where, what devices are interconnected and what is their actual status?
- Quantellium makes it easy to build network topology maps by providing simple drawing tools and a central repository providing default classes, data collectors (sensors) and MIB information for the most frequently used devices.
- On these maps, “live updating” indicators show status and events per device.
- Special “MapLink objects” make it possible to build layered map structures. Zooming in from Country to city, from city to building and from building to floor etc.
IP scan / Auto discovery
The Quantellium IP scan / auto-discovery utility allows you to examine the network for IP and SNMP devices and map each new device discovered to a default Quantellium class. The resulting set of discovered devices is added automatically to a network map. IP scan uses ICMP pings to find devices and then SNMP requests to interrogate the devices to find out to what class of devices they belong.
Error control – reducing “false positive” alerts to the bare minimum!
Quantellium provides “Error control” (EC). This powerful feature provides reliable alerting of incidents, supports multi-homing and redundant network paths!
CUC – Network performance at a glance!
Connection Utilization Coding (CUC), provides a continuous overview of the performance of the network and connected equipment. It shows connection utilization on the network topology maps, by adjusting line-width and color coding, in real-time, 24×7!
Build-in Trap, Syslog and TFTP server with filtering options
- Quantellium provides a build-in trap- and syslog server to parse, manage and view real-time trap and syslog messages.
- You can create filters based on message type and source to only receive the most important messages and limit their number.
- Messages can be followed up by script actions to take appropriate action or to warn staff.
- TFTP is typically used for booting diskless devices or transferring files, for upgrading switch or router firmware or saving config/settings files. The FCMS TFTP server allows read- and write operations in one single folder or in separate folders.
OS and SNMP version support
- All FCMS applications run on all Windows versions (Server and Desktop) from Windows XP onwards.
- All FCMS components support SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3.
Price & Support
- Three different license types available: The S-type for small sized networks (up to 50 devices), the M-type for medium sized networks (up to 200 devices) and the L-type for large networks (max 5000 devices).
- Very affordable prices! No hidden costs!
- Free maintenance updates within the main program version.
- The use of the FineConnection repository is also included in the price.
- Try before you buy!